Japanese Castella Cake with Almond Flour: A Mouthwatering ASMR Baking Experience
Castella cake is a traditional Japanese sponge cake, which has a soft, fluffy texture and a deliciously sweet flavor. It’s the perfect dessert for any occasion, and it’s even better when you use almond flour to give it a subtle nutty flavor and a healthier twist. In this article, you’ll learn how to make Japanese Castella Cake with almond flour in a step-by-step guide that will guide you through the process with ease.
1 cup almond flour
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat your oven to 150°C (300°F), and line a 9-inch loaf pan with parchment paper. This will prevent the cake from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
2. In a medium bowl, sift together the almond flour, all-purpose flour, and baking soda. Mix this well to ensure there are no lumps.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, honey, granulated sugar, oil, and vanilla extract until well combined. Then add the milk and stir.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture while whisking until the batter is smooth and all the ingredients are fully mixed.
5. Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 5 to 10 minutes before removing it from the pan and placing it onto a wire cooling rack.
7. Once the cake has cooled completely, slice and serve.
– Japanese Castella Cake is a traditional sponge cake with a soft and fluffy texture and a sweet flavor that originates from Japan.
– Almond flour can be used instead of all-purpose flour, giving the cake a delicious nutty flavor and make the recipe healthier.
– Sifting almond flour, all-purpose flour, and baking soda mixture is important to make sure there are no lumps.
– Whisk together eggs, honey, granulated sugar, oil and vanilla extract and add milk to make the wet mixture.
– Pouring the mixture into a loaf pan that has been prepared with parchment paper to prevent sticking.
– Baking at 150°C (300°F) for 40 to 45 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
– Chill the cake for five to ten minutes and then slice and serve.
Overall, making Japanese Castella Cake with almond flour is easy and the result is a delicious dessert perfect for any occasion. Enjoy!