Baking a Bunny Rabbit Cake is so much easier than you think. Not only will this cake be a delight to the taste buds, but it will also be a hit at any party or gathering. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to make a Bunny Rabbit Cake that will elevate your culinary game.
What you’ll need:
1. Two 9-inch round cake pans
2. Buttercream frosting
3. Food coloring
4. Piping bags
5. Large marshmallows
6. Mini marshmallows
7. White sprinkles
8. Chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
2. Prepare your cake batter according to the instructions on the packet.
3. Grease your cake pans with butter and dust them with flour.
4. Pour your cake mixture into the two pans and bake them in the oven for 30-35 minutes.
5. Take the cakes out of the oven and let them cool completely.
6. Trim the tops of the cakes to make them level.
7. Place one cake layer onto a flat surface or cake board.
8. Apply a layer of buttercream frosting on top of the cake layer.
9. Place the other cake layer on top of the buttercream frosting layer.
10. Apply a thin layer of buttercream frosting all over the cake to form a ‘crumb coat’.
11. Refrigerate the cake for 30 minutes to set the crumb coat.
12. Apply a thicker layer of buttercream frosting all over the cake to form the final layer of frosting.
13. Divide the remaining frosting into two bowls and add food coloring to one for the bunny ears and nose.
14. Place the colored frostings into separate piping bags with a star tip.
15. Place two large marshmallows at the top of the cake for the bunny ears.
16. Pipe a round shape for the bunny nose using the colored frosting and mini marshmallows around the nose for the whiskers.
17. Use chocolate chips for the eyes.
18. Sprinkle white sprinkles all over the cake to create the look of fur.
And voila! Your Bunny Rabbit Cake is ready!
– Grease and dust your cake pans
– Bake your cakes at 350°F for 30-35 minutes
– Let the cakes cool and apply buttercream frosting
– Set the frosting with a crumb coat and then apply a thicker layer for the final layer
– Divide frosting and use food coloring for bunny ears and nose
– Place marshmallows for bunny ears and pipe frosting for nose and whiskers
– Use chocolate chips for eyes
– Sprinkle white sprinkles over the cake for a fur-like texture