Beef stew is a classic comfort food that has been enjoyed by generations. This version of beef stew is made using a slow cooker, which is a great way to achieve tender, richly flavored beef without a lot of work. The beauty of this recipe is that it can be prepared in the morning and left to cook all day, filling your house with delicious aromas.
-2 lbs beef chuck roast, cut into bite-sized pieces
-1 large yellow onion, diced
-4 cloves of garlic, minced
-4 carrots, peeled and sliced
-4 potatoes, peeled and diced
-2 cups low-sodium beef broth
-2 tablespoons tomato paste
-1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
-1 teaspoon paprika
-1 teaspoon dried thyme
-1 bay leaf
-Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook until browned on all sides. Transfer the browned beef into the slow cooker.
2. Add the diced onions and minced garlic into the skillet and sauté until the onions are translucent. Add the sautéed onions and garlic into the slow cooker.
3. Add the sliced carrots and diced potatoes into the slow cooker.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the beef broth, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, and dried thyme. Pour the mixture into the slow cooker and stir well until everything is combined.
5. Add the bay leaf into the slow cooker and season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Cook the beef stew on low heat for 8-10 hours or on high heat for 4-5 hours until the beef is tender and the vegetables are cooked through.
7. Once cooked, remove the bay leaf and serve the slow cooker beef stew hot with some crusty bread.
-Beef stew is a classic comfort food that can be made easily with a slow cooker.
-This recipe uses beef chuck roast, onions, garlic, carrots, potatoes, beef broth, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, dried thyme, bay leaf, salt, and pepper.
-Sauté the beef, onions, and garlic before transferring to the slow cooker.
-Add the vegetables and a beef broth mixture to the slow cooker.
-Cook for 8-10 hours on low or 4-5 hours on high until everything is tender.
-Serve hot with crusty bread.