Meal prepping is an effective way of staying on track with healthy eating and weight loss goals. With busy schedules, a bit of planning ahead can save time and energy, especially during the week. This easy 1 week meal prep for weight loss provides healthy recipes that taste amazing and are simple to prepare.
Let’s start with the grocery list:
– 1 lb. of ground turkey
– 1 lb. of skinless chicken breast
– 1 can of black beans
– 1 can of chickpeas
– 2 zucchinis
– 2 yellow squashes
– 2 red bell peppers
– 1 broccoli head
– 1 large sweet potato
– 1 onion
– 1 garlic bulb
– 2 cups of brown rice
– 1 pack of whole wheat tortillas
– Olive oil
– Salt and pepper
– Cayenne pepper
With these ingredients, you can easily create delicious and healthy meals that will last the whole week.
Recipe 1: Turkey and Veggie Stir Fry
– Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
– Add in 1 lb. of ground turkey and break it into small pieces with a spatula.
– When the turkey is cooked through, remove it from the pan and set it aside.
– In the same pan, stir fry 2 chopped zucchinis, 2 chopped yellow squashes, 2 chopped red bell peppers, 1 chopped onion, and 1 minced garlic bulb until they are tender and slightly browned.
– Add the cooked turkey back in the pan with the vegetables and season with salt, pepper, and paprika.
– Serve with brown rice.
Recipe 2: Sweet Potato and Chicken Burrito Bowl
– Preheat the oven to 400°F.
– Peel and slice 1 large sweet potato into small cubes.
– Toss the sweet potatoes in 1 tablespoon of olive oil, salt, pepper, and oregano.
– Roast the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet for 25-30 minutes, or until soft and slightly crispy.
– Cut 1 lb. of skinless chicken breast into small pieces and season with salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper.
– Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat and cook the chicken until it is fully cooked through.
– Serve the chicken and sweet potatoes over a bed of brown rice, with a side of black beans and a whole wheat tortilla.
Recipe 3: Broccoli and Chickpea Salad
– Cut 1 broccoli head into small florets and blanch them in boiling water for 2 minutes.
– Drain the broccoli and rinse it with cold water to cool it down.
– In a large bowl, mix together 1 can of chickpeas (drained and rinsed), the blanched broccoli, and 1 chopped red bell pepper.
– For the dressing, mix together 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
– Pour the dressing over the salad and let it marinate in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving.
Bullet points summary:
– Meal prepping is an effective way of staying on track with healthy eating and weight loss goals
– This easy 1 week meal prep for weight loss provides healthy recipes that taste amazing and are simple to prepare
– Grocery list: protein (ground turkey, chicken breast, black beans, chickpeas), vegetables (zucchinis, yellow squashes, red bell peppers, broccoli, sweet potato, onion, garlic), grains (brown rice, whole wheat tortillas) and other items (olive oil, salt and pepper, paprika, cayenne pepper, oregano)
– Turkey and Veggie Stir Fry:
– Cook ground turkey
– Stir-fry zucchinis, yellow squashes, red bell peppers, onion, and garlic
– Mix cooked turkey with vegetables
– Season with salt, pepper, and paprika
– Serve with brown rice
– Sweet Potato and Chicken Burrito Bowl:
– Roast sweet potato
– Season chicken and cook
– Serve with brown rice, black beans, and a whole wheat tortilla
-Broccoli and Chickpea Salad:
– Blanch broccoli
– Mix with chickpeas and red bell pepper
– Make dressing with olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper
– Pour dressing over salad and let marinate