Easter is just around the corner, and there’s no better way to celebrate this fun and festive occasion than with some delicious Easter cakesicles! These cute and tasty treats are not only perfect for this time of year, but they’re also a fun activity to make with the kids. So, why not give them a try and impress your family and friends with your baking skills?
For the cakesicles:
1 box of your favorite cake mix
1/4 cup of vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1 cup of water
1 cup of frosting (store-bought or homemade)
For the decoration:
White candy melts
Colored candy melts (pink, blue, and yellow)
Small candy eyes
Easter-inspired sprinkles (bunny ears, carrots, flowers)
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C) and prepare a 9×13 inch baking pan by spraying it with cooking spray or lining it with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, vegetable oil, eggs, and water. Mix until well-combined and pour the batter into the prepared baking pan.
3. Bake the cake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the cake cool completely.
4. Once the cake has cooled, crumble it into a large bowl and add the frosting. Mix until well-combined, and the cake mixture is thick and sticky.
5. Using a small ice cream scoop or spoon, form the cake mixture into small balls about the size of a golf ball. Place the cake balls onto a baking sheet lined with wax paper.
6. Insert a popsicle stick into the center of each cake ball and freeze for at least 1 hour.
7. Melt the white candy melts according to the package instructions. Dip each cakesicle into the melted candy, turning to ensure even coverage. Let the excess coating drip off and place the cakesicle back onto the baking sheet.
8. While the candy coating is still wet, decorate each cakesicle with the colored candy melts, small candy eyes, Easter-inspired sprinkles, and anything else you like. Let the cakesicles set until the candy coating is hard.
9. Serve and enjoy your cute and fun Easter cakesicles!
– Make the cake mixture by combining a cake mix, vegetable oil, eggs, and water.
– Crumble the cake and mix with frosting to form small cake balls.
– Attach a popsicle stick to each cake ball and freeze for at least 1 hour.
– Dip each cakesicle in white candy melts and decorate with colored candy melts, candy eyes, and Easter-inspired sprinkles.
– Let the cakesicles set until the candy coating is hard, then serve and enjoy!