Easter is a special occasion that is celebrated by many around the world. It’s a time to enjoy good food, family and friends, and of course, Easter eggs. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to serve at your Easter celebration, then look no further than this awesome Easter cake with whipped cream.
The whipped cream frosting makes this cake light and airy, which is perfect for a springtime dessert. The best part is that this Easter cake recipe is incredibly easy to make, so even those who are not experienced bakers can whip up a beautiful cake that will impress their guests. Here’s what you need to know to make your own awesome Easter cake.
For the cake:
– 2 cups of all-purpose flour
– 2 teaspoons of baking powder
– 1 teaspoon of salt
– 1/2 cup of unsalted butter
– 1 and 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
– 2 large eggs
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
– 1 cup of whole milk
– Food coloring (optional)
For the whipped cream frosting:
– 2 cups of heavy cream
– 1/4 cup of powdered sugar
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and prepare two 8-inch round cake pans by greasing them and lining them with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
4. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. Stir in the vanilla extract.
6. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, alternating with the milk. Mix well after each addition.
7. If you want to add some color to the cake, divide the batter into three or four equal parts, and add a few drops of food coloring to each part. Stir until the batter is evenly colored.
8. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pans and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
9. Remove the cakes from the oven and let them cool in their pans for 10 minutes. Then, transfer them to wire racks to cool completely.
10. To make the whipped cream frosting, place the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat the mixture on high speed until stiff peaks form.
11. Once the cake has cooled completely, place one layer of the cake onto a cake board or onto a serving platter.
12. Spread a layer of whipped cream frosting over the top of the cake. Add the second layer of cake on top.
13. Spread another layer of whipped cream frosting over the top of the cake and on the sides.
14. Decorate the top of the cake with fresh fruit, Easter candies, or any other decorations of your choice.
15. Chill the cake in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.
– This Easter cake recipe features whipped cream frosting, which makes it light and airy, perfect for a springtime dessert.
– The cake itself is easy to make, with basic ingredients and just a few simple steps.
– You can add your own personal touch to the cake by adding food coloring to the batter, or decorating the finished cake with fresh fruit, Easter candies, or other decorations of your choice.
– Chill the cake in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serve.