The BEST MOIST Meatloaf Recipe | Easy Meatloaf Recipe With Few Ingredients | Chef James
When it comes to making meatloaf, you want a recipe that is easy to follow, uses only a few ingredients, and delivers a moist and flavorful result. This recipe by Chef James ticks all those boxes and more. Here’s how to make the best moist meatloaf you’ve ever tasted.
– 1 lb ground beef
– 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
– 1/4 cup milk
– 1 egg
– 1/4 cup ketchup, plus extra for topping
– 1 tsp garlic powder
– 1 tsp onion powder
– 1 tsp dried oregano
– 1 tsp salt
– 1/2 tsp black pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F/190°C.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, breadcrumbs, milk, egg, 1/4 cup ketchup, garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano, salt, and black pepper. Using your hands, make sure everything is well combined.
3. Transfer the meat mixture to a greased 9×5 inch loaf pan, and press it down firmly to make sure there are no air pockets.
4. Spread a layer of ketchup on top of the meatloaf, using as much or as little as you like.
5. Bake the meatloaf for 45-50 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F/70°C. The top should be golden brown and caramelized.
6. Let the meatloaf rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy with your favorite sides, like mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, or a side salad.
– To make sure your meatloaf doesn’t dry out, use a mixture of ground beef and pork, or add some grated onion or carrot to the meat mixture.
– Feel free to adjust the seasonings to your taste. For example, you could add some Worcestershire sauce or hot sauce for a tangier or spicier flavor.
– Leftover meatloaf makes a great sandwich filling, especially when paired with some mayo, lettuce, and tomato.
– This recipe makes the best, moist meatloaf with only a few ingredients.
– The meat mixture includes ground beef, breadcrumbs, milk, egg, ketchup, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, salt, and pepper.
– The meatloaf is baked in a greased loaf pan with a layer of ketchup on top.
– The meatloaf should be baked for 45-50 minutes at 375°F/190°C, and rested for 5 minutes before serving.
– Tips include using a mixture of meats or grated vegetables, adjusting the seasonings, and using leftover meatloaf for sandwiches.