The Best Meatloaf Recipe
Meatloaf is a classic American dish that has been a staple in households for generations. It is a hearty and comforting meal that is perfect for those cold winter nights. This recipe takes the traditional meatloaf and elevates it to a whole new level. The combination of ground beef, onions, garlic, and Worcestershire sauce creates a flavor that is both savory and sweet. The addition of a tangy glaze on top adds brightness to the dish and complements the flavors of the meatloaf.
For the meatloaf:
– 1 ½ pounds ground beef
– 1 cup breadcrumbs
– 1 onion, finely chopped
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 egg
– 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
– 1 teaspoon salt
– ½ teaspoon pepper
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the glaze:
– ⅓ cup ketchup
– 2 tablespoons brown sugar
– 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, egg, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Mix until thoroughly combined.
3. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add the meatloaf mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned on all sides.
4. Transfer the meatloaf to a greased baking dish and shape into a loaf.
5. In a small bowl, mix together the ketchup, brown sugar, and cider vinegar.
6. Spread the glaze over the meatloaf, making sure to cover the entire surface.
7. Bake the meatloaf for 45-50 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F.
8. Let the meatloaf rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.
This recipe is perfect for those who want to make a classic meatloaf with an added twist. The glaze on top adds a tangy sweetness that balances the savory flavors of the meatloaf perfectly. Serve with your favorite side dishes and enjoy!
– Preheat oven to 375°F.
– Combine ground beef, breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, egg, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper.
– Brown the mixture in a skillet and transfer to a baking dish.
– Mix ketchup, brown sugar, and cider vinegar to make a glaze.
– Spread glaze over mixture and bake for 45-50 minutes or until temperature reaches 160°F.
– Let rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.