Chocolate mint cookies are among the most popular and delicious treats around the world. They are often served during festive seasons such as Christmas, Halloween, or even Valentine’s Day. Making homemade chocolate mint cookies may seem daunting, but this recipe is simple and easy to follow.
To make the perfect chocolate mint cookies, you will need the following ingredients:
– 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
– 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
– 2 beaten eggs
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
– 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream the softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in the eggs, vanilla extract, and peppermint extract until well combined.
4. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
5. Gradually stir in the dry ingredients into the wet mixture until a dough forms.
6. Stir in the chocolate chips.
7. Using a tablespoon or a cookie scoop, portion the dough onto an ungreased baking sheet.
8. Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes, or until lightly browned around the edges.
9. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 1-2 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
10. Store the chocolate mint cookies in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
If you’re looking for a delicious and easy-to-make dessert, then chocolate mint cookies are the perfect choice. This recipe includes the basic ingredients you will need to prepare the cookies, and the instructions are straightforward and concise. Here are the key points to remember:
– Cream softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy
– Beat in eggs, vanilla extract, and peppermint extract
– Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt
– Gradually stir in dry ingredients into the wet mixture
– Stir in the chocolate chips
– Portion dough onto an ungreased baking sheet
– Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes at 375°F
– Allow cookies to cool before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely
– Store cookies in an airtight container for up to 1 week
By following these instructions, you can create delicious chocolate mint cookies that will impress your friends and family. Happy baking!