Meatloaf Recipe – The Best Meatloaf I’ve Ever Made
Meatloaf is one of the classic comfort foods that people love to have time and time again. It’s a dish that warms the belly and reminds us of childhood. There are many recipes out there for meatloaf, but in my opinion, this recipe is the best meatloaf I’ve ever made. It is moist, flavorful, and super easy to make.
– 2 lbs. ground beef
– 1 cup breadcrumbs
– 1 large egg
– 1 onion, chopped
– 1 green bell pepper, chopped
– 1 tsp. garlic powder
– 1 tsp. salt
– 1/2 tsp. black pepper
– 1/2 cup ketchup
– 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, egg, onion, bell pepper, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Mix well using your hands.
3. Add the ketchup and Worcestershire sauce to the mixture and mix well.
4. Transfer the mixture to a 9×5 inch loaf pan, making sure to press it down with your hands to flatten the surface and eliminate air pockets.
5. Bake for 1 hour or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F.
6. Let the meatloaf rest for 10 minutes before serving.
– For a healthier version, use ground turkey or chicken instead of beef.
– Use panko breadcrumbs instead of regular breadcrumbs for a crunchier texture.
– You can add other ingredients to the mixture, such as chopped mushrooms or grated carrots, to add more flavor and nutrients.
– You can use other sauces instead of ketchup, such as barbecue sauce or tomato sauce, for a different taste.
– Leftover meatloaf can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
This meatloaf recipe is a crowd-pleaser that will have your family and friends coming back for more. It’s straightforward, easy to make, and incredibly delicious. Plus, you can customize it to your liking by adding different ingredients or sauces. Trust me, once you try this recipe, you won’t want to make meatloaf any other way.
– Preheat oven to 375°F.
– Combine ground beef, breadcrumbs, egg, onion, bell pepper, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
– Add ketchup and Worcestershire sauce, mix well.
– Transfer to loaf pan and flatten.
– Bake for 1 hour or until internal temperature reaches 160°F.
– Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
– Customize with different ingredients or sauces.