The Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Whether you’re craving something sweet after a long day or just looking for a new treat to try, there’s nothing quite like a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie. And with so many recipes available online, it can be tough to know which one to choose! That’s why we’ve put together this recipe for the ultimate chocolate chip cookie. This cookie is soft and chewy with just the right amount of chocolate chips in every bite. Plus, it’s easy to make – even if you’re not an experienced baker.
– 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 tsp baking soda
– 1 tsp salt
– 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
– 1 cup granulated sugar
– 1/2 cup brown sugar
– 2 large eggs
– 2 tsp vanilla extract
– 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. This should take about 2-3 minutes with an electric mixer.
4. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract.
5. Gradually mix in the dry ingredients until just combined.
6. Fold in the chocolate chips.
7. Using a cookie scoop or spoon, drop dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Space the cookies about 2 inches apart.
8. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. The centers should still be slightly soft.
9. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
10. Store any leftover cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
– You can use any type of chocolate chips you prefer, such as milk chocolate or dark chocolate.
– For even more flavor, try adding 1/2 cup of chopped nuts or shredded coconut to the dough.
– If you’re short on time, you can freeze the cookie dough balls and bake them later. Just place the dough balls in a single layer in a freezer-safe container and store them in the freezer for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to bake them, simply add a few extra minutes to the baking time.
– Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
– Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
– Cream butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar in a large bowl.
– Beat in eggs and vanilla.
– Mix in dry ingredients, then fold in chocolate chips.
– Drop dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
– Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
– Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
– Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
– Optional: add nuts or coconut to the dough, or freeze dough balls for later use.