Chocolate chip cookies have been a classic treat for generations. Soft, chewy, and oh-so-delicious, these cookies are loved by almost everyone. However, there are so many variations of the chocolate chip cookie recipe that it can be tough to decide which one to use. The Claire Saffitz Chocolate Chip Cookies #Shorts recipe is one of the best.
– 226g unsalted butter
– 200g granulated sugar
– 100g light brown sugar
– 2 large eggs
– 2 egg yolks
– 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
– 320g all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1 teaspoon kosher salt
– 340g bittersweet chocolate (70-72%), coarsely chopped
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. In a mixing bowl, cream the butter, granulated sugar, and light brown sugar together for about 3-4 minutes, using an electric mixer.
3. Add in the eggs, one at a time, and then the egg yolks. Mix for another 1-2 minutes on medium speed until light and fluffy.
4. Pour in the vanilla extract and mix well.
5. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and kosher salt.
6. Slowly mix the dry mixture into the wet mixture until everything is just combined.
7. Add in the chopped chocolate and mix until it is evenly distributed throughout the dough.
8. Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes, or overnight.
9. Use a cookie scoop to make dough balls about 3 tablespoons each.
10. Arrange the dough balls on a baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
11. Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
12. Once done, transfer the cookies to a wire rack and let them cool before enjoying.
Claire Saffitz Chocolate Chip Cookies #Shorts – Tips and Tricks:
– Always use room temperature butter for the best results.
– Sifting the dry ingredients together makes it easier to incorporate them into the dough.
– Chilling the dough before baking it will help the cookies hold their shape during baking.
– Coarsely chopping the chocolate will prevent it from melting too much in the dough, resulting in gooey pockets of chocolate throughout the cookie.
– If you want your cookies to be a bit thicker, refrigerate the dough for an extra hour or so before baking.
– Enjoy your cookies while they’re warm with a cold glass of milk!
In conclusion, the Claire Saffitz Chocolate Chip Cookies #Shorts recipe is a fantastic one to try out. It’s straightforward, simple, and produces delicious cookies that everyone will love. By following the tips and tricks, you’re sure to make the perfect batch of chocolate chip cookies every time.