Soft Batch Cookies is the ultimate comfort food that has stood the test of time. This classic dessert has been around for ages and is loved by all. Nothing beats the feeling of biting into a warm and gooey cookie that just melts in your mouth. In this article, we’ll show you how to make the ultimate Soft Batch Cookies at home with our secret ingredients, tips, and tricks.
– 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
– 1 tsp baking soda
– 1 tsp salt
– 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
– ¾ cup white granulated sugar
– ¾ cup brown sugar
– 2 eggs, room temperature
– 2 tsp vanilla extract
– 2 cups chocolate chips
– Cornstarch: Cornstarch is our secret ingredient that makes these Soft Batch Cookies extra soft and chewy. It’s a binding agent that keeps the dough moist and prevents it from drying out.
– Applesauce: Applesauce is another secret ingredient that adds moisture to the cookie dough, making it softer and fluffier. It also replaces some of the butter in the recipe, making the cookies a bit healthier.
Tips and Tricks:
1. Soften Butter: Make sure to soften the butter to room temperature before starting the recipe. This makes it easier to cream the butter and sugar together, resulting in a smoother and airier dough.
2. Cream Butter and Sugar: Creaming the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy is the key to making soft and chewy cookies. This process creates air pockets in the dough, which expands while baking, resulting in a soft and tender cookie.
3. Chill the Dough: Chilling the dough for at least one hour before baking helps the cookies keep their shape and prevent spreading. It also allows the flavors to meld together for a chewier texture.
4. Use Good Quality Chocolate Chips: Using good quality chocolate chips is essential for a tasty cookie. Choose high-quality chocolate chips that have a higher percentage of cocoa solids for a more intense chocolate flavor.
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cornstarch. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, cream together the softened butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Add the eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract, and applesauce. Mix well.
5. Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet mixture until just combined.
6. Fold in the chocolate chips by hand.
7. Cover the dough and chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour or up to overnight.
8. Spoon dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, leaving about two inches of space between each cookie.
9. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden brown.
10. Let the cookies cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
– Soften the butter to room temperature before starting the recipe.
– Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
– Chill the dough for at least one hour before baking.
– Use good quality chocolate chips.
– Cornstarch and Applesauce are secret ingredients.
– Spoon dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
– Bake for 12-15 minutes at 375°F (190°C).
– Let the cookies cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.