Barefoot Contessa Makes Turkey Meatloaf | Barefoot Contessa | Food Network
Ina Garten, famously known as the Barefoot Contessa, is a popular American cook who has been hosting her cooking show Barefoot Contessa for more than 20 years. Her show provides viewers with a mix of comfort food, entertaining ideas, and elegant recipes. One of her most popular dishes, the turkey meatloaf, is easy to prepare and tastes delicious.
– 1 tablespoon good olive oil
– 1 cup chopped yellow onion (1 onion)
– 1/2 cup small-diced celery (1 stalk)
– 2 pounds ground turkey breast
– 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
– 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
– 1 teaspoon kosher salt
– 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
– 1/3 cup chicken stock
– 1 tablespoon tomato paste
– 2 extra-large eggs, beaten
– 3/4 cup oatmeal
– 3/4 cup grated medium-sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
– Ketchup for topping (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Heat the olive oil in a medium sauté pan. Add the onions and celery and cook for 5-7 minutes, until softened.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine the turkey, cooked onions and celery, parsley, thyme, salt, pepper, chicken stock, tomato paste, beaten eggs, oatmeal, and 1/2 cup of Cheddar cheese.
4. Mix everything together thoroughly and press the mixture into a large loaf pan.
5. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of Cheddar cheese on top of the meatloaf.
6. If you like, spread ketchup or barbecue sauce over the top as well.
7. Bake the meatloaf for 1 1/2 hours, or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
8. Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
– Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
– Cook onion and celery in olive oil
– Combine turkey, onions, celery, parsley, thyme, salt, pepper, chicken stock, tomato paste, eggs, oatmeal, and cheese
– Press mixture into large loaf pan
– Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and spread ketchup or barbecue sauce over the top
– Bake for 1 1/2 hours at 160 degrees F
– Rest for 10 minutes before serving