Mexican Meatloaf: The Perfect Comfort Food Recipe
If you are looking for delicious comfort food, then look no further than this Mexican Meatloaf recipe. This easy-to-make recipe is packed with flavor and is sure to please even the pickiest eaters.
– 2 lbs. ground beef
– 1 cup bread crumbs
– 1/2 cup chopped onion
– 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
– 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
– 2 garlic cloves, minced
– 2 eggs, beaten
– 1 cup salsa
– 2 tsp. chili powder
– 1 tsp. ground cumin
– 1/2 tsp. salt
– 1/4 tsp. black pepper
– 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, bread crumbs, chopped onion, chopped green bell pepper, chopped fresh cilantro, minced garlic, beaten eggs, salsa, chili powder, ground cumin, salt, and black pepper.
3. Mix all the ingredients well until everything is well combined.
4. Place the mixture into a lined baking dish.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 60-70 minutes or until the meatloaf is cooked through.
6. Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese over the top of the meatloaf 5-10 minutes before the end of cooking (optional).
7. Remove the pan from the oven and let the meatloaf rest for 10-15 minutes.
8. Slice and serve with your favorite sides, such as mashed potatoes, green beans, and corn.
– If you want to make this recipe even spicier, you can add a chopped jalapeño pepper to the mixture.
– You can also use ground turkey or chicken instead of beef in this recipe.
– Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to three days and can be reheated in the oven or microwave.
Mexican Meatloaf is a perfect comfort food that is easy to make and is always a crowd-pleaser. This recipe is great as an easy dinner idea and is perfect for leftovers. So why not try this recipe tonight and have a delicious homemade meal that everyone will love?
– Preheat the oven to 350°F.
– Mix ground beef, bread crumbs, vegetables, and spices.
– Place mixture into a lined baking dish and bake for 60-70 minutes.
– Sprinkle shredded cheese on top at the end of cooking.
– Rest for 10-15 minutes before serving.