Turkey Meatloaf with Mushroom Sauce Recipe – Lidia’s Kitchen Series
If you’re looking for a hearty and nutritious meal that is both delicious and easy to make, look no further than this Turkey Meatloaf with Mushroom Sauce Recipe from Lidia’s Kitchen Series. This recipe is perfect for a family dinner or a special occasion, and it’s sure to be a hit with everyone who tries it.
For the meatloaf:
– 2 pounds ground turkey
– 1 cup breadcrumbs
– 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
– 2 eggs
– 1/2 cup chopped onion
– 1/4 cup chopped parsley
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the mushroom sauce:
– 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1/2 cup chopped onion
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1/2 cup chicken broth
– 1/2 cup heavy cream
– Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground turkey, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, eggs, chopped onion, parsley, salt, and pepper. Mix thoroughly until all the ingredients are well combined.
3. Transfer the meatloaf mixture to a loaf pan and spread it out evenly. Drizzle the olive oil over the top of the meatloaf.
4. Bake the meatloaf for 1 hour or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. While the meatloaf is baking, prepare the mushroom sauce. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
6. Add the sliced mushrooms to the skillet and sauté them until they are lightly browned.
7. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic to the skillet and continue to sauté until the onion is translucent.
8. Pour the chicken broth into the skillet and stir to combine.
9. Add the heavy cream to the skillet and continue cooking until the sauce thickens.
10. Season the mushroom sauce with salt and pepper, to taste.
11. When the meatloaf is finished baking, let it cool for a few minutes before slicing it. Serve the sliced meatloaf with the mushroom sauce on top.
Summary of the recipe:
– Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
– In a large mixing bowl, mix the ingredients for the meatloaf and transfer to a loaf pan.
– Bake the meatloaf for 1 hour.
– While the meatloaf is baking, prepare the mushroom sauce in a skillet.
– Add the sliced mushrooms, chopped onion, and minced garlic to the skillet and sauté until browned.
– Pour in the chicken broth and add heavy cream.
– Continue cooking until the sauce thickens.
– Season with salt and pepper.
– Once the meatloaf is done, let it cool before slicing.
– Serve the sliced meatloaf with the mushroom sauce on top.