Meatloaf is a classic comfort food that can be made with different types of meat, such as beef, pork, or turkey. Turkey meatloaf is a leaner and healthier version of the traditional meatloaf, and it is perfect for a family meal or a meal prep option for the week ahead. In this article, we will show you how to make a delicious and juicy turkey meatloaf that your family will love.
– 1 pound of ground turkey
– 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs
– 1/4 cup of milk
– 1 egg
– 1/2 onion, finely chopped
– 1/2 red pepper, finely chopped
– 1/2 green pepper, finely chopped
– 3 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
– 1 tablespoon of ketchup
– 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
– 1 teaspoon of dried parsley
– 1/2 teaspoon of salt
– 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. In a small bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs and the milk until the mixture is moist.
3. In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey, egg, onion, red pepper, green pepper, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, thyme, parsley, salt, and black pepper.
4. Add the breadcrumb mixture to the turkey mixture and mix well with your hands until all the ingredients are well combined.
5. Transfer the turkey mixture to a loaf pan and use your hands to shape it into a loaf.
6. Bake the turkey meatloaf in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).
7. Let the turkey meatloaf rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
– Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
– Mix breadcrumbs and milk in a small bowl.
– Combine ground turkey, egg, onion, red pepper, green pepper, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, thyme, parsley, salt, and black pepper.
– Add breadcrumb mixture to turkey mixture and mix with hands.
– Transfer turkey mixture to a loaf pan and shape into a loaf.
– Bake for 40-45 minutes at 375°F (190°C).
– Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.