How to Make Old-Fashioned Meatloaf
Meatloaf is a timeless classic that has been a staple in many households for generations. This traditional recipe brings back cherished memories and can provide you with a hearty and delicious meal. With a few simple ingredients, you can create a flavorful and moist meatloaf that is perfect for any occasion. Follow this recipe to make the perfect old-fashioned meatloaf.
– 2 lbs ground beef
– 1 cup milk
– 1 cup breadcrumbs
– 2 eggs
– 1 onion, chopped
– 1 tsp salt
– 1/4 tsp black pepper
– 1/4 cup ketchup
– 2 tbsp brown sugar
– 1 tbsp mustard
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Step 2: In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, milk, breadcrumbs, eggs, onion, salt, and pepper.
Step 3: Mix the ingredients together thoroughly, ensuring that everything is evenly distributed.
Step 4: Transfer the mixture into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
Step 5: In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard. Pour the mixture over the meatloaf.
Step 6: Bake for 1 hour, or until the meatloaf has reached an internal temperature of 160°F.
Step 7: Allow the meatloaf to cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.
– For a healthier version of this recipe, use ground turkey instead of ground beef.
– Experiment with different types of breadcrumbs to add a unique flavor to your meatloaf.
– You can also add chopped vegetables such as carrots, celery, or bell peppers for added nutrition and flavor.
This classic meatloaf recipe is easy to make and it is perfect for any meal. The combination of ground beef, breadcrumbs, milk, and spices gives this meatloaf a fantastic flavor and texture that is sure to please. Here are the key points to remember:
– Combine ground beef, milk, breadcrumbs, eggs, onion, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl.
– Mix the ingredients evenly.
– Transfer the mixture to a baking dish and pour a mixture of ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard over it.
– Bake for an hour and let it rest for five minutes.
– Add chopped vegetables for a nutritious and delicious twist.