Easter is the perfect time to celebrate with family and indulge in delicious treats! If you’re looking for an impressive dessert to serve at your Easter gathering, look no further than this Strawberry Easter Cake. With its fluffy cake layers and luscious strawberry filling, this cake is sure to impress your guests.
To make this Strawberry Easter Cake, you will need:
For the cake:
– 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 tablespoon baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
– 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
– 3 large eggs
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1 cup whole milk
For the filling:
– 3 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
– 1/4 cup granulated sugar
– 2 tablespoons cornstarch
– 1 tablespoon lemon juice
For the frosting:
– 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
– 4 cups powdered sugar
– 1/4 cup whole milk
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat your oven to 350 F. Grease and flour three 8-inch cake pans.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
4. Add the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla extract.
5. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, alternating with the milk, until the batter is smooth.
6. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared cake pans.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
8. Allow the cakes to cool completely on a wire rack.
9. While the cakes are cooling, prepare the filling. In a medium saucepan, combine the strawberries, sugar, cornstarch, and lemon juice. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and the strawberries break down.
10. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
11. To make the frosting, beat the butter until light and fluffy.
12. Gradually add the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract, beating until the frosting is smooth and creamy.
13. To assemble the cake, place one cake layer on a cake plate or stand.
14. Top with half of the strawberry filling, spreading it evenly over the surface of the cake.
15. Repeat with the second cake layer and remaining strawberry filling.
16. Place the third cake layer on top.
17. Frost the entire cake with the buttercream frosting.
18. Garnish with fresh strawberries, if desired.
19. Serve and enjoy!
– Preheat oven to 350 F and grease and flour three 8-inch cake pans.
– In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
– In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, add eggs, one at a time, then stir in vanilla extract.
– Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, alternating with milk, until the batter is smooth.
– Divide the batter between the prepared cake pans and bake for 20-25 minutes.
– Prepare the filling by cooking the strawberries, sugar, cornstarch, and lemon juice in a medium saucepan until the mixture thickens and cools.
– Make the frosting by beating the butter and gradually adding powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract.
– To assemble the cake, layer cake and filling, then frost with buttercream frosting.
– Garnish with strawberries, if desired, and serve.