Beef Bourguignon Recipe (No Alcohol – Halal)
Beef bourguignon is a classic French dish that is perfect for dinner parties or special occasions. Traditionally, it is made with red wine, but there are non-alcoholic versions available, as well. This recipe is halal and uses beef broth instead of wine. The result is a rich, hearty stew that is sure to please your taste buds.
– 2 pounds beef chuck roast, cut into 2-inch cubes
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 onions, chopped
– 4 cups beef broth
– 3 tablespoons tomato paste
– 1 tablespoon dried thyme
– 3 bay leaves
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 2 tablespoons cornstarch + 2 tablespoons cold water
– 8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
– 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
– 1 pound small potatoes, quartered
– Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
2. Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium heat. Add the garlic and onions, and sauté until soft and fragrant.
3. Add the beef to the pot and cook until browned on all sides.
4. Pour in the beef broth and stir in the tomato paste, thyme, bay leaves, salt, and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil.
5. Once it’s boiling, cover the pot and place it in the oven for about 2 hours.
6. After 2 hours, remove the pot from the oven and place it back on the stovetop over medium heat. Mix together the cornstarch and water, and add it to the pot, stirring to thicken the stew.
7. Add the mushrooms, carrots, and potatoes to the pot and simmer until the vegetables are tender.
8. Serve hot, garnished with fresh parsley.
– Beef bourguignon is a classic French dish that can be made without alcohol.
– This recipe is halal and uses beef broth instead of wine.
– Sauté garlic and onions, brown beef, then add beef broth, tomato paste, thyme, bay leaves, salt, and pepper. Boil, cover pot and place it in the oven for about 2 hours.
– After taking out of the oven, stir cornstarch and water, then add it to the pot.
– Add mushrooms, carrots, and potatoes to the pot and simmer until the vegetables are tender.
– Serve hot, garnished with fresh parsley.