Chocolate Orange Cookies | #25DaysofCookies Recipe
Cookies are a quintessential holiday treat that everyone adores. From kids to adults, cookies are irresistible, and if they’re homemade, it’s even better. These Chocolate Orange Cookies are perfect for the holiday season, with the chocolate flavor and freshness of orange, they’re sure to leave a lasting impression on anyone who tastes them. So, without further ado, let’s get started!
– 1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
– 1 cup brown sugar
– 1 cup granulated sugar
– 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
– 2 large eggs
– 3 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
– Zest of 1 large orange
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, and vanilla extract. Mix well.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
5. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and mix well.
6. Stir in the chocolate chips and orange zest, making sure the ingredients are evenly distributed.
7. Using an ice cream scoop or a spoon, make balls of the cookie dough, and place them onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Leave about 2 inches between each cookie.
8. Bake for 12-15 minutes until the edges of the cookies are a light golden brown.
9. Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes.
10. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack and let them cool completely.
11. Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
And there you have it, a recipe for delicious and irresistible Chocolate Orange Cookies that are perfect for the holiday season. These cookies are easy to make, and they’re sure to be a hit with all ages. So, gather up the ingredients and start baking! Your family and friends are sure to appreciate the warm and inviting aroma that fills your home while the cookies are baking.
– Cream butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar
– Whisk the dry ingredients
– Add the wet and dry ingredients to make a dough
– Mix in the chocolate chips and orange zest
– Scoop and drop dough onto parchment-lined baking sheet
– Bake for 12-15 minutes at 350°F
– Cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet, then transfer cookies to a wire rack
– Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.