Meatloaf is a classic dish that everyone loves. It’s easy to make, and you can customize it to your personal tastes. However, some people struggle with a dry and crumbly meatloaf. In this article, we’ll show you how to make juicy meatloaf that will have everyone asking for seconds.
– 1 pound ground beef (80/20)
– 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
– 1/2 cup milk
– 1 egg
– 1/2 onion, finely chopped
– 2 garlic cloves, minced
– 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
– 1 tablespoon ketchup
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the breadcrumbs and milk. Let it sit for 5 minutes to allow the breadcrumbs to absorb the milk.
3. Add the ground beef to the bowl, along with the egg, minced garlic, finely chopped onion, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, salt, and black pepper. Mix everything together until it’s well combined.
4. Form the mixture into a loaf shape, and place it in a baking dish.
5. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F. Let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
– Use the right meat: We recommend using ground beef with 80% lean and 20% fat. This will help keep your meatloaf juicy and flavorful.
– Soak breadcrumbs: Soaking the breadcrumbs in milk before adding them to your meatloaf helps retain moisture.
– Don’t overmix: Overworking the mixture can make your meatloaf tough. Mix everything until it’s just combined.
– Let it rest: Letting the meatloaf rest for 5 minutes after taking it out of the oven will allow the juices to redistribute throughout the loaf, making it juicier.
Making juicy meatloaf doesn’t have to be difficult. By using the right ingredients and following these tips, your meatloaf will be a crowd-pleaser every time. Remember to use 80/20 ground beef, soak your breadcrumbs, be gentle with your mixing, and let your meatloaf rest. Enjoy your delicious and juicy meatloaf!