Classic Tuna Noodle Casserole: A Delicious and Shelf-Stable Vintage Recipe
Looking for an easy, delicious and shelf-stable meal that can be made with simple ingredients? Look no further than the classic tuna noodle casserole! This dish has been a favorite of households across the country for generations, and with good reason. It’s quick, easy to make, and most importantly, it tastes great!
Here’s how to make this classic dish:
– 1 can of tuna
– 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
– 1 cup of milk
– 2 cups of cooked egg noodles
– 1 cup of frozen peas
– 1/2 cup of bread crumbs
– 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the tuna, cream of mushroom soup, milk, cooked egg noodles, and frozen peas.
3. Season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Grease a casserole dish with cooking spray.
5. Pour the mixture into the casserole dish.
6. In a separate bowl, combine the bread crumbs and grated Parmesan cheese.
7. Sprinkle the bread crumb and Parmesan cheese mixture over the top of the casserole.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the casserole is heated through and the topping is golden brown and crispy.
9. Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
– Classic tuna noodle casserole is a quick and easy dish that has been a favorite for generations.
– It can be made with simple ingredients, making it a great option for when you’re short on time or on a budget.
– This recipe is a shelf-stable option, making it a great addition to your pantry staples.
– Follow the recipe above for a delicious and satisfying meal that the whole family will love.