Apple Crisp Recipe – How To Make Apple Crisp
Are you craving a warm and delicious dessert to satisfy your sweet tooth? Look no further! This apple crisp recipe is the perfect dessert for any occasion. It’s quick, easy, and requires only a few simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry. This recipe yields a sweet and tangy filling, and a crunchy and buttery topping that will leave you wanting more.
For the filling:
– 6 medium-sized apples, peeled and sliced
– ½ cup granulated sugar
– 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
– 1 tsp ground cinnamon
– ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
– 1 tbsp lemon juice
– ½ tsp vanilla extract
For the topping:
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– 1 cup old fashioned oats
– ¾ cup light brown sugar
– ½ tsp ground cinnamon
– ½ tsp salt
– ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine sliced apples with sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice, and vanilla extract, making sure apples are evenly coated. Transfer the apple mixture to a greased baking dish.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Add melted butter and mix until crumbly.
4. Sprinkle the topping mixture over the apples, making sure it’s evenly distributed.
5. Bake the apple crisp for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
6. Serve it warm as is or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. Enjoy!
– Peel and slice 6 medium-sized apples and mix them with ½ cup granulated sugar, 2 tbsp all-purpose flour, 1 tsp cinnamon, ¼ tsp nutmeg, 1 tbsp lemon juice, and ½ tsp vanilla extract.
– Combine 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1 cup old fashioned oats, ¾ cup light brown sugar, ½ tsp cinnamon, ½ tsp salt, and ½ cup melted unsalted butter to make the topping mixture.
– Transfer the apple mixture to a greased baking dish and sprinkle the topping mixture over it.
– Bake in preheated oven at 375°F (190°C) for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
– Serve warm as is or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.