Tuna Noodle Casserole: A Quick and Easy Comfort Food Dish
There are days when we all crave comfort food, those warm and hearty dishes that fill us up and make us feel cozy. One popular comfort food dish is Tuna Noodle Casserole. This classic recipe has been around for decades and is renowned for its simplicity and deliciousness. It’s a perfect go-to meal option that can be quickly prepared, even on the busiest days. Here’s how to make this tasty dish.
– 8 oz wide egg noodles.
– 2 cans of tuna (drained).
– 1 10 oz can of condensed cream of mushroom soup.
– 1/2 cup of milk.
– 1/2 cup frozen peas.
– 1/2 cup of grated cheddar cheese.
– Salt and black pepper to taste.
– 1/2 cup of seasoned breadcrumbs.
– 2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cook the egg noodles according to the package’s instructions in a large pot of salted boiling water until tender. Drain and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine the cooked noodles, drained tuna, condensed cream of mushroom soup, milk, frozen peas, and grated cheddar cheese. Mix well until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
4. Season the mixture with salt and black pepper to taste.
5. Transfer the mixture to a 9×13 inch casserole dish.
6. Sprinkle the seasoned breadcrumbs on top of the mixture.
7. Cut the unsalted butter into small pieces and scatter over the breadcrumbs.
8. Bake the casserole in the preheated oven for approximately 25 minutes, or until the top is crisp and golden brown.
9. Remove the casserole from the oven and allow it to cool for a few minutes before serving.
10. Serve the Tuna Noodle Casserole hot and enjoy it with your favorite side dish.
This dish can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to three days. It can also be frozen for up to three months, making it a perfect meal prep option for busy weeknights.
In conclusion, Tuna Noodle Casserole is a classic and tasty comfort food dish that is quick and easy to prepare. Using simple ingredients, this meal can be made in a jiffy even on busy days. Try this recipe and enjoy its delicious flavor.
– Tuna Noodle Casserole is a quick and easy comfort food dish that can be prepared in no time.
– It requires simple ingredients like canned tuna, egg noodles, cream of mushroom soup, frozen peas, and grated cheddar cheese, which are easily available at home.
– This dish can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to three days or frozen for up to three months, making it a perfect meal prep option for busy weeknights.
– The dish is seasoned with salt and black pepper to taste, and breadcrumbs and unsalted butter are used to give the casserole a crispy, golden brown texture.
– Tuna Noodle Casserole is a classic and tasty comfort food dish that is a go-to meal option to satisfy your cravings for warmth and coziness.