Meatloaf is a classic American dish that is enjoyed by many. It is simple to make and can be customized to your taste preferences. In this article, we will be discussing Paula Deen’s Basic Meatloaf recipe, and how to make it with CookingAndCrafting.
– 2 lbs ground beef
– 1 cup breadcrumbs
– 1/2 cup chopped onion
– 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
– 2 eggs, lightly beaten
– 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
– 1 tsp salt
– 1/2 tsp black pepper
– 1/2 cup ketchup
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, onion, green bell pepper, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper.
3. Mix thoroughly, using your hands or a wooden spoon.
4. Transfer the mixture to a 9×5 inch loaf pan, pressing it down evenly.
5. Spread the ketchup over the top of the meatloaf.
6. Bake for 1 hour, or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F.
7. Allow the meatloaf to cool for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Now that you know how to make Paula Deen’s Basic Meatloaf recipe, let’s go over some helpful tips and tricks to make it even better:
– Use a combination of ground beef and ground pork or turkey for a flavorful twist.
– If you don’t have breadcrumbs, you can use crushed saltine crackers or rolled oats instead.
– Try topping the meatloaf with a mixture of ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard for a sweet and tangy glaze.
– Consider adding in some grated carrots or zucchini for added nutrition and flavor.
– Leftover meatloaf makes great sandwiches! Serve it cold with mayo or mustard, or even reheat it in the microwave with some cheese on top.
In conclusion, meatloaf is a versatile and delicious dish that can be enjoyed by all. With Paula Deen’s Basic Meatloaf recipe and CookingAndCrafting’s instructions, you can easily make your own homemade meatloaf for your family or friends. Remember to experiment with different ingredients and toppings to make it your own. Happy cooking!
– Preheat your oven to 350°F.
– Combine ground beef, breadcrumbs, onion, green bell pepper, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper.
– Press mixture into a loaf pan and top with ketchup.
– Bake for 1 hour or until internal temperature reaches 160°F.
– Top with sweet and tangy glaze or grated vegetables.
– Leftover meatloaf makes great sandwiches!