Meatloaf is a classic American dish that reminds us of home-cooked comfort food. It’s one of those meals that you can throw together with a few ingredients and have a delicious, hearty dish in no time. In this article, I will share with you my easy meatloaf recipe that always gets rave reviews from my friends and family.
– 1 pound ground beef
– 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
– 1/4 cup milk
– 1/4 cup ketchup
– 1 egg
– 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
– 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F and prepare a baking dish lined with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, milk, ketchup, egg, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper. Use your hands to mix everything until well combined.
3. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and shape it into a loaf.
4. Spread some additional ketchup or barbecue sauce on top of the meatloaf for added flavor.
5. Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes until the meatloaf is cooked through and the top is golden brown.
6. Once the meatloaf is cooked, remove it from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
– Use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature of the meatloaf reaches 160°F.
– You can substitute ground beef with ground turkey, lamb, or pork for a different flavor.
– Adding chopped vegetables like onions or carrots to the meat mixture can add extra nutrients and flavor to the dish.
In conclusion, making meatloaf doesn’t have to be complicated or time-consuming. With a few simple ingredients and steps, you can have a delicious meal ready in no time. Try out this easy meatloaf recipe, and enjoy the comforting taste of home-cooked food.
– Combine ground beef, breadcrumbs, milk, ketchup, egg, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl.
– Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and shape into a loaf.
– Spread ketchup or barbecue sauce on top and bake for 45-50 minutes at 350°F.
– Use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature reaches 160°F.
– Let the meatloaf rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.