Are you craving for a delicious breakfast cake? Try making Kamado Joe Blueberry Breakfast Cake, a fantastic recipe from King Arthur Flour that is perfect for a weekend brunch or a weekday breakfast treat. This cake is simple to make, and the combination of sweet blueberries and tangy lemon zest creates a delightful flavor. Plus, a kamado grill adds a touch of smokiness that elevates the cake to new heights. Get ready to enjoy a scrumptious and satisfying breakfast with this Kamado Joe Blueberry Breakfast Cake.
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– 1/2 cup granulated sugar
– 2 teaspoons baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 cup milk
– 1/4 cup melted butter
– 1 egg
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1 lemon, zest and juice
– 1 cup blueberries
1. Preheat your kamado grill to 350°F and set up for indirect cooking.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
3. In another mixing bowl, whisk together milk, melted butter, egg, vanilla extract, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
5. Fold in the blueberries.
6. Grease a 9-inch cast iron skillet or cake pan with butter.
7. Pour the batter into the skillet or cake pan and spread it out evenly.
8. Place the skillet or cake pan on the kamado grill and bake for about 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
9. Let the cake cool slightly before slicing and serving.
– Preheat kamado grill to 350°F.
– Mix dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately.
– Combine wet and dry ingredients, then fold in blueberries.
– Grease a 9-inch cast iron skillet or cake pan.
– Pour batter into skillet/pan and spread out evenly.
– Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
– Let cake cool before slicing and serving.