Easter is just around the corner, and it’s the perfect time to get creative in the kitchen. If you’re looking for a fun and festive treat to make for the occasion, why not try your hand at making an Easter Bunny cake?
Not just any Easter Bunny cake, but a cake filled with four delicious flavors of Cadbury Crème Eggs! Sounds scrumptious, right? Read on for the complete recipe and step-by-step instructions.
– 1 box cake mix (vanilla or chocolate)
– 1 cup water
– 1/2 cup vegetable oil
– 3 large eggs
– 4 packs of Cadbury Crème Eggs (one of each flavor)
– 3 cups buttercream frosting (vanilla or chocolate)
– Pink and black food coloring
– Fondant icing (optional)
– Edible glitter (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease two round cake pans generously.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat together cake mix, water, vegetable oil, and eggs according to box instructions.
3. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pans, making sure each one has an equal amount.
4. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center.
5. Allow the cakes to cool for about 10 minutes before turning them out from the pans and set aside to cool completely.
6. While the cakes are cooling, start working on the Cadbury Crème Egg filling. Unwrap each egg and cut them into small pieces, separating the four flavors in separate bowls.
7. In another bowl, make the buttercream frosting according to the recipe of your choice.
8. Once the cakes are completely cooled, level the tops using a serrated knife or a cake leveler.
9. First, place one of the cakes on a cake board or plate, adding a generous layer of buttercream frosting on the top.
10. Add the chopped pieces of Cadbury Crème Eggs on top of the buttercream frosting, spreading them out evenly.
11. Place the second cake on top of the filling, pressing down gently to secure it in place.
12. Using a sharp knife, carve out the bunny ears shape on the top cake layer, and set aside the carved-out pieces.
13. Mix a small amount of pink food coloring in the frosting, and frost the cake entirely. Use a spatula to smooth the surface, making sure to cover every bit.
14. Place the carved-out ear shapes onto the top of the cake, and secure them with a bit of frosting.
15. Now, it’s time to decorate the bunny face! Using black food coloring, dye a small piece of fondant icing, shape it, and cut out two small circles for the eyes.
16. Roll out another small piece of fondant, shape it into a triangle for the nose, and stick it onto the cake using the frosting.
17. Add the two fondant eyes in the center of the face, pressing them into the frosting slightly.
18. Finally, sprinkle some edible glitter all over the cake for a festive touch.
19. Allow the cake to set for an hour before serving.
– Preheat your oven, mix cake batter, pour into two cake pans, and bake.
– Cut the four flavors of Cadbury Crème Egg, prepare buttercream frosting, level cakes, and set apart carved-out pieces.
– Place first cake layer onto a cake board, add buttercream frosting, add Cadbury Crème
Egg filling and the second cake layer.
– Carve bunny ears on the top cake layer and grease ear-shaped pieces.
– Dye frosting pink and frost cake completely.
– Add back ear-shaped pieces using frosting, and create black fondant eyes and nose.
– Decorate cake with edible glitter.
– Allow to set and enjoy!