How to Make a Classic Margarita Cocktail
The Classic Margarita Cocktail is a staple for those who love a perfect mix of sweet and tart flavors in their cocktails. This cocktail is made using Tequila, which is a strong distilled spirit primarily made from blue agave plant. It is important to note that the type of tequila used can greatly affect the taste of the margarita; therefore, it is ideal to use high quality tequila and fresh lime juice.
– 2 oz of tequila
– 1 oz of lime juice
– 1 oz of triple sec or any orange liqueur
– Salt (for rimming glass)
1. Begin by rimming your glass with salt. To rim your glass, take a wedge of lime and run it around the edges of your glass. Then, dip the rim of the glass into a plate of salt while lightly pressing the glass down.
2. Next, add ice to your glass to keep the cocktail chilled.
3. In a shaker, add the tequila, lime juice, triple sec or any orange liqueur, and ice. Shake ingredients until well combined.
4. Strain the cocktail into your salt-rimmed glass.
5. Garnish with a lime wedge.
– The Classic Margarita Cocktail is a perfect mix of sweet and tart flavors.
– Use high quality tequila and fresh lime juice for optimal taste.
– Rim your glass with salt for added flavor.
– Strain the cocktail into a glass containing ice to keep it chilled.
– Don’t forget to garnish with a lime wedge for a beautiful presentation.