If you’re on the hunt for a filling and nutritious meal, then look no further than this meatloaf recipe with oatmeal. Packed with lean ground beef, oatmeal, and flavorful seasonings, this dish is sure to satisfy your appetite while providing plenty of nourishment.
To start, gather the following ingredients:
– 1 lb. lean ground beef
– 1 cup rolled oats
– 1/2 cup milk
– 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
– 1/2 cup chopped onion
– 1/2 cup chopped celery
– 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 egg, lightly beaten
– 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
– 1 tsp. salt
– 1/2 tsp. black pepper
– 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
– 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
– 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
Once you have all of your ingredients, it’s time to get started on the meatloaf. Follow these simple steps:
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a small bowl, combine the oats and milk. Let them sit for a few minutes to soften.
3. In a separate large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, Parmesan cheese, onion, celery, bell pepper, garlic, egg, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, thyme, oregano, smoked paprika, and the soaked oats.
4. Mix all of the ingredients together until well combined. Be careful not to overmix, as this can cause the meatloaf to become tough.
5. Transfer the mixture to a greased loaf pan and gently press it into an even layer.
6. Bake the meatloaf for 45-50 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reads 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
7. Let the meatloaf rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.
And that’s it – you have a delicious and hearty meatloaf that’s perfect for a family dinner or meal prep for the week ahead.
Here are a few key takeaways to keep in mind when making this dish:
– Rolled oats are a healthier substitution for breadcrumbs in meatloaf recipes, as they contain more fiber and fewer calories.
– Be sure to use lean ground beef, as this will help keep the dish on the healthier side.
– Resist the urge to overmix the ingredients, as this can lead to a dense and tough meatloaf.
– Letting the meatloaf rest for a few minutes before slicing will help it hold its shape and prevent it from falling apart.
– Serve with your favorite sides, such as roasted vegetables or mashed potatoes, for a complete and balanced meal.