Easter is a festive and joyful time of the year, and what better way to celebrate than by making Easter-themed treats? One delightful option is Easter Bunny Cake Pops, which combine the deliciousness of cake with the cuteness of bunnies. In this article, we will guide you through how to make Easter Bunny Cake Pops step by step using an educational tone.
For the Cake:
– 1 prepared white cake mix
– 4 large eggs
– 1 cup water
– 1/3 cup vegetable oil
For the Icing:
– 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
– 2 cups powdered sugar
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 1-2 tbsp heavy cream
For the Decoration:
– 1 bag white melting chocolate
– Pink candy melts
– Pink sprinkles
– Bunny ear candies
– Lollipop sticks
1. Bake the Cake
– Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
– Follow the instructions on the white cake mix box and beat the eggs, water, and vegetable oil into the mix until it’s smooth.
– Pour the batter into a prepared cake pan and bake for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
– Allow the cake to cool on a wire rack.
2. Make the Icing
– In a bowl, beat the butter until it’s smooth.
– Add in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
– Add in the heavy cream and beat until the icing is fluffy.
3. Make the Cake Pop Mixture
– In a large mixing bowl, crumble the cooled cake into small pieces.
– Pour the prepared icing over the cake crumbs and mix until the cake and icing are well combined.
– Roll the mixture into small balls and pop them into the fridge or freezer to set for at least 30 minutes.
4. Decorate the Cake Pops
– Melt the white melting chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and mix until it’s smooth.
– Dip the lollipop sticks into the melted chocolate and insert them into the cake balls.
– Dip the cake pops into the melted chocolate and shake off any excess.
– Place the cake pops onto a sheet of parchment paper and add pink sprinkles to the pop while the chocolate is setting.
– Melt the pink candy melts and make bunny ears using a piping bag or a zip lock bag with a corner cut off.
– Place the bunny ear candies onto the cake pops while the white chocolate is still wet.
– Allow the cake pops to harden in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes before serving.
– Bake the cake and prepare the icing.
– Crumble the cake and mix with the icing to make the cake pop mixture.
– Roll the mixture into balls and allow them to chill.
– Melt the chocolate and dip the cake pops while decorating them with pink sprinkles and bunny ears.
– Allow the cake pops to set before serving.
Now that you know how to make Easter Bunny Cake Pops, you can enjoy them with your family and friends during the upcoming Easter holiday!