Easy Ramadan Dessert Recipe
If you’re looking for a delicious and easy-to-make dessert to enjoy during Ramadan, look no further! This recipe for a traditional Middle Eastern dessert called “Qatayef” is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
– 1 cup flour
– 1 tsp yeast
– 1 tsp sugar
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 1/4 cup warm water
– 1/4 cup warm milk
– 1 tbsp vegetable oil
– 1 cup of ricotta or cream cheese
– 2 cups of sugar syrup
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, yeast, sugar and salt. Mix well.
2. Add the warm water, warm milk, and vegetable oil to the mixing bowl. Mix until a soft dough forms.
3. Cover the dough and let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
4. In a separate mixing bowl, mix the ricotta or cream cheese until smooth.
5. Preheat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
6. Take a small portion of the dough and shape it into a small ball.
7. Flatten the ball into a thin circle using your fingers or a rolling pin.
8. Place a spoonful of the ricotta or cream cheese filling in the center of the circle.
9. Fold the circle into a crescent shape and press the edges together to seal.
10. Fry the qatayef in the preheated non-stick pan until golden brown on both sides.
11. Dip the qatayef in the sugar syrup until fully coated.
12. Serve and enjoy!
– Qatayef is a traditional Middle Eastern dessert that’s perfect for Ramadan.
– The main ingredients include flour, yeast, sugar, salt, warm water, warm milk, vegetable oil, ricotta or cream cheese, and sugar syrup.
– To make qatayef, combine the dry ingredients in a bowl, add the wet ingredients to form a dough, and let it rest.
– In a separate bowl, mix the filling with ricotta or cream cheese until smooth.
– Shape the dough into small balls, flatten them, add the filling, and fold them into a crescent shape.
– Fry the qatayef until golden brown and dip them in sugar syrup before serving.