Mango is one of the most loved tropical fruits that is enjoyed for its juicy sweetness and luscious texture. Whether you are craving something sweet, refreshing or decadent, mango can be used to create a variety of delicious desserts that are perfect for summer. In this article, we will share four easy mango dessert recipes that everyone can enjoy.
1. Mango Sorbet
This refreshing mango sorbet recipe is perfect for a hot summer day. It’s simple to prepare and requires just a few ingredients.
– 2 large ripe mangoes, peeled and cubed
– 1/2 cup sugar
– 1/2 cup water
– 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and water. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved. Let cool.
2. In a blender or food processor, puree the cubed mangoes until smooth.
3. Mix the cooled sugar syrup, pureed mango and lime juice together in a bowl.
4. Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and churn for 20-25 minutes, or until the sorbet is firm.
5. Transfer the sorbet to a container and freeze until ready to serve.
2. Mango Pudding
Mango pudding is a creamy and rich dessert that is perfect for any occasion. With only a few ingredients, you can make this delicious dessert in no time!
– 1 cup mango puree
– 1 cup milk
– 1/2 cup sugar
– 2 tablespoons cornstarch
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a saucepan, combine the mango puree, milk, sugar, cornstarch, and salt.
2. Heat the mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it thickens and comes to a boil.
3. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
4. Pour the mixture into serving dishes and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
3. Mango Cheesecake
Mango cheesecake is a fusion dessert that combines the creaminess of cheesecake with the tropical sweetness of mango. It’s a decadent dessert that’s perfect for any celebration.
– 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
– 1/2 cup butter, melted
– 3 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
– 1 cup sugar
– 1/4 cup cornstarch
– 4 eggs
– 1/4 cup heavy cream
– 1 cup mango puree, plus additional for topping
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch springform pan.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Press the mixture into the bottom of the pan to form the crust.
3. In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and cornstarch on medium speed until light and fluffy.
4. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the heavy cream and mango puree.
5. Pour the mixture over the crust and smooth out the top.
6. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the center is set.
7. Let cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes, then refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
8. Serve with additional mango puree on top.
4. Mango Coconut Rice Pudding
Mango coconut rice pudding is a vegan and gluten-free dessert that combines the creaminess of coconut with the sweetness of ripe mango. It’s easy to make and perfect for a summer treat.
– 1 cup white rice
– 1 (14 oz.) can coconut milk
– 2 cups water
– 1/3 cup sugar
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 2 ripe mangoes, peeled and diced
– 1/4 cup toasted coconut flakes (optional)
1. Rinse the rice in cold water and drain.
2. In a medium saucepan, combine the rice, coconut milk, water, sugar, and salt.
3. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed.
4. Let cool for 10 minutes, then stir in the diced mangoes.
5. Divide the rice pudding into serving bowls and sprinkle with toasted coconut flakes (optional).
– Mango sorbet is a refreshing dessert made with pureed mango, sugar, water, and lime juice.
– Mango pudding is a creamy dessert made with mango puree, milk, sugar, cornstarch, and vanilla extract.
– Mango cheesecake is a decadent dessert made with a graham cracker crust, cream cheese, sugar, eggs, heavy cream, and mango puree.
– Mango coconut rice pudding is a vegan and gluten-free dessert made with white rice, coconut milk, water, sugar, salt, diced mangoes, and toasted coconut flakes.