Mac & Cheese Tuna Casserole | Home Style Cookery with Matty Matheson
Mac and Cheese Tuna Casserole is a classic American Comfort food that can be prepared easily at home. If you are in search of a delicious and satisfying meal that also ticks all the healthy boxes, then this recipe is perfect for you. In this article, we will walk you through the process of making Mac and Cheese Tuna Casserole just like Matty Matheson does in Home Style Cookery.
– 1 pound elbow macaroni
– 6 tablespoons salted butter
– 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
– 5 cups whole milk
– 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
– 1/2 to 1 can tuna, drained
– 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
– 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
– Salt and black pepper to taste
– 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
– 2 tablespoons olive oil for cooking breadcrumbs
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cook the macaroni according to the package instructions. Drain and set the macaroni aside.
3. In a separate saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
4. Add flour to the melted butter and whisk constantly for 1-2 minutes until it turns golden brown in color.
5. Gradually add the milk to the flour-butter mixture and continue to whisk constantly.
6. Add smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to the milk mixture and keep whisking until the mixture becomes thick and creamy.
7. Now, add the grated cheddar cheese and whisk until the cheese melts and gets fully incorporated with the milk mixture.
8. Add in tuna and cooked elbow macaroni to the cheese sauce and mix until everything is combined well.
9. In a pan, heat up 2 tablespoons of olive oil and add breadcrumbs to it. Cook the breadcrumbs for 1-2 minutes or until they become crispy and golden brown.
10. Transfer the mac and cheese into an oven-safe baking dish and spread them evenly.
11. Add the cooked bread crumbs over the top of the mac and cheese casserole.
12. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until the breadcrumbs are nicely toasted and the cheese is bubbling hot.
13. Remove from oven, let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
– Cook macaroni and set aside.
– Melt butter then add flour and whisk for 1-2 minutes until it turns golden brown.
– Add milk and whisk continuously until it becomes thick.
– Add smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste.
– Add grated cheddar cheese and whisk until it gets fully incorporated with the milk mixture.
– Add in tuna and cooked elbow macaroni to the cheese sauce and mix until everything is combined well.
– Cook 2 tablespoons of olive oil and add breadcrumbs to the pan until crispy and golden brown.
– Transfer mac and cheese into an oven-safe baking dish.
– Add cooked bread crumbs over the top of the mac and cheese casserole.
– Bake in the oven at 350°F for 25-30 minutes.
– Remove from oven, let it cool for a few minutes before serving.