Beef stew is a classic dish the whole family can enjoy. It’s a hearty meal that warms you up on a cold day and satisfies your taste buds. One of the best ways to make beef stew is in a Dutch oven. Not only does it cook evenly, it also seals in the flavors of the meat, vegetables, and spices. Here’s how to make a perfect beef stew in a Dutch oven.
– 2 lbs beef chuck, cut into 1-inch cubes
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 onion, chopped
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 4 large carrots, chopped
– 3 large potatoes, peeled and chopped
– 3 cups beef broth
– 1 tablespoon tomato paste
– 2 bay leaves
– 1 teaspoon dried thyme
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In your Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
3. Add the beef cubes and brown them on all sides. This should take about 8-10 minutes.
4. Remove the beef from the Dutch oven and set it aside.
5. In the same Dutch oven, add the onion and garlic. Sauté them for 3-4 minutes until they become fragrant.
6. Add the carrots and potatoes and cook them for another 5 minutes.
7. Add the beef broth, tomato paste, bay leaves, and dried thyme. Stir them together.
8. Return the beef to the Dutch oven and stir until everything is mixed together.
9. Cover the Dutch oven and place it in the oven. Cook for 2-3 hours until the beef is tender.
10. Remove the bay leaves before serving.
To make this dish even more delicious, you can serve it with a side of crusty bread or a salad. This recipe makes about 6 servings.
– Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
– Brown 2 lbs of beef cubes in a Dutch oven with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
– Sauté onion, garlic, carrots, and potatoes in the Dutch oven.
– Add beef broth, tomato paste, bay leaves, and dried thyme to the Dutch oven.
– Return beef to the Dutch oven and stir.
– Cover the Dutch oven and place it in the oven for 2-3 hours.
– Remove bay leaves before serving.
– This recipe makes about 6 servings.