If you’re hosting a Superbowl party, it’s easy to go overboard with the unhealthy snacks like chips, wings, and pizza. But fear not, there are healthy alternatives that are just as delicious and satisfying. Below are three healthy Superbowl snacks you need for game day.
1. Sweet Potato Nachos
– 2 large sweet potatoes, sliced into thin rounds
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1 teaspoon chili powder
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
– 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
– 1/4 cup diced avocado
– 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In a large bowl, toss sweet potato rounds with olive oil, chili powder, and salt.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange sweet potato rounds in a single layer.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until sweet potato rounds are crispy and golden.
5. Top with black beans, diced tomatoes, diced avocado, and chopped cilantro.
2. Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
– 1 head cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florets
– 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
– 1/2 cup water
– 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 cup hot sauce of your choice
– 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, water, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt.
3. Add cauliflower florets to the bowl and toss until well-coated.
4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange cauliflower florets in a single layer.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.
6. In a small bowl, whisk together hot sauce and melted butter.
7. Toss baked cauliflower florets with hot sauce mixture until well-coated.
3. Guacamole Deviled Eggs
– 12 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and halved
– 1 ripe avocado
– 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
– 1 tablespoon lime juice
– 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Chopped cilantro for garnish
1. Remove yolks from hard-boiled eggs and place them in a large bowl.
2. Mash yolks with a fork until they are crumbly.
3. Add avocado, Greek yogurt, lime juice, garlic powder, and onion powder to the bowl and mix until well-combined.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Spoon the mixture into the egg whites.
6. Garnish with chopped cilantro.
In summary, for a healthier Superbowl spread, try these three delicious and nutritious snacks:
– Sweet Potato Nachos
– Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
– Guacamole Deviled Eggs