Beef stew is a hearty and comforting dish that is perfect for cozy dinners on cold evenings. The best part about this dish is that it is easy to prepare and doesn’t require too much effort. With a slow cooker and a few simple ingredients, you can create a delicious and rich beef stew that will satisfy your hunger and warm your soul.
– 1.5 lbs beef stew meat
– 1 yellow onion, diced
– 3 cloves garlic, minced
– 3 medium sized carrots, peeled and chopped
– 2 stalks celery, chopped
– 1 cup frozen peas
– 2 cups beef broth
– 1 tsp thyme
– 1 tsp rosemary
– 1 tsp paprika
– 1 bay leaf
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– 2 tbsp flour
1. In a skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Season the beef stew meat with salt and pepper, and then add it to the skillet. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until browned on all sides.
2. Once the beef is browned, remove it from the skillet and set it aside.
3. In the same skillet, add the diced onion and minced garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the onions are translucent.
4. Add the flour to the onion and garlic mixture and whisk it together. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until the flour has absorbed the oil and turned golden brown.
5. Transfer the onion and garlic mixture to the slow cooker.
6. Add the browned beef stew meat to the slow cooker.
7. Add the chopped carrots, celery, frozen peas, beef broth, thyme, rosemary, paprika, and bay leaf.
8. Stir everything together until it is well combined.
9. Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours.
10. After the cooking time is up, remove the bay leaf and taste for seasoning. Add more salt and pepper if needed.
11. Serve the beef stew in bowls and enjoy!
– Beef stew is a comforting and easy dish to make.
– Using a slow cooker will make the cooking process even easier.
– Seasoning the meat before browning it will add flavor to the dish.
– Adding flour to the onion and garlic mixture will thicken the stew.
– Don’t forget to remove the bay leaf before serving the stew.