Easter is a celebration of new beginnings and new life, which is why it is a perfect occasion to make an Easter Dirt Cake. Dirt cake is a dessert that looks like dirt but is actually a combination of Oreo cookies, pudding, and chocolate, and it is sure to be a hit with your family and friends.
Here’s how you can make your own Easter Dirt Cake:
– 1 package of Oreo cookies
– 1 package of instant pudding (chocolate or vanilla)
– 2 cups of milk
– 1 package of cream cheese
– 1 stick of butter
– 1 cup of powdered sugar
– 1 cup of heavy cream
– Green food coloring
– Easter-themed candies or decorations
1. Make the Oreo cookie crumb base: Crush the entire package of Oreo cookies into fine crumbs using a food processor or a Ziploc bag and a rolling pin. Reserve a cup of the Oreo crumb for later use.
2. Make the pudding layer: In a large mixing bowl, whisk together 1 package of instant pudding mix and 2 cups of milk until well combined. Let it sit for a few minutes until it thickens.
3. Prepare the cream cheese layer: In another bowl, combine 1 package of cream cheese (softened), 1 stick of butter (softened), and 1 cup of powdered sugar. Using an electric mixer, beat the mixture until it is fluffy and smooth.
4. Whip the heavy cream: In a separate bowl, whip 1 cup of heavy cream until it forms stiff peaks. Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
5. Layer the cake: Fold the pudding mixture into the cream cheese mixture until well combined. Add a few drops of green food coloring to give it a grass-like look. Layer the cake in a large glass bowl or trifle dish by starting with the Oreo cookie crumb base, then adding the cream cheese mixture, and finally the reserved Oreo crumb on top.
6. Decorate the cake: Add Easter-themed candies or decorations on top of the cake to make it look like an Easter garden. Chicks, bunnies, and colorful eggs are perfect choices.
7. Chill the cake: Cover the cake with plastic wrap and chill it in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight. The longer it chills, the better it tastes.
Enjoy the Easter Dirt Cake with your loved ones and have a wonderful Easter celebration!
– Crush Oreo cookies and reserve a cup of crumb for later use
– Whisk together instant pudding mix and milk
– Beat cream cheese, butter, and powdered sugar until fluffy
– Whip heavy cream and fold into cream cheese mixture
– Layer in glass bowl or trifle dish: Oreo crumb, cream cheese mixture, reserved Oreo crumb
– Add green food coloring for grass-like look
– Decorate with Easter-themed candies
– Chill in fridge for at least 4 hours before serving.