Cinnamon rolls are a classic dessert that everyone loves. The warm, gooey sweetness of a homemade cinnamon roll is hard to beat, especially when it’s paired with crispy bacon and rich maple syrup. In this article, we’ll give you step-by-step instructions on how to make easy maple bacon cinnamon rolls that are sure to become a household favorite.
For the Dough:
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1/4 cup granulated sugar
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
– 1/2 cup milk
– 1/4 cup butter, softened
– 1 egg
For the Filling:
– 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
– 1/4 cup maple syrup
– 1/4 cup brown sugar
– 2 tablespoons cinnamon
– 1/4 cup butter, melted
For the Glaze:
– 1 cup powdered sugar
– 2 tablespoons milk
– 1/4 teaspoon maple extract
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, and yeast.
2. In a small saucepan, heat the milk until it’s warm but not boiling. Add the milk and softened butter to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
3. Add the egg and mix until the dough forms a ball.
4. Cover the bowl with a clean towel and let it rise for 30 minutes.
5. In a small bowl, mix together the crumbled bacon, maple syrup, brown sugar, cinnamon, and melted butter.
6. Roll the dough into a rectangle on a floured surface.
7. Spread the filling mixture evenly over the dough.
8. Roll the dough lengthwise, starting from one of the long sides.
9. Cut the rolled dough into 12 even slices.
10. Place the slices in a greased 9×13 inch baking dish.
11. Cover the dish with a clean towel and let it rise for 30 minutes.
12. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
13. Bake the cinnamon rolls for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
14. While the cinnamon rolls are baking, mix together the powdered sugar, milk, and maple extract to make the glaze.
15. Drizzle the glaze over the warm cinnamon rolls and serve.
– Combine flour, sugar, salt, and yeast in large mixing bowl.
– Add warm milk and softened butter to dry ingredients and mix.
– Add egg and mix until dough forms ball.
– Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
– Mix bacon, maple syrup, brown sugar, cinnamon, and melted butter in small bowl.
– Roll dough into rectangle and spread filling mixture evenly over dough.
– Roll dough lengthwise and cut into 12 even slices.
– Place slices in greased 9×13 inch baking dish and let rise for 30 minutes.
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and bake cinnamon rolls for 20-25 minutes.
– Mix powdered sugar, milk, and maple extract for glaze.
– Drizzle glaze over warm cinnamon rolls and serve.